Advocate Is Knowledgeable In All Types of Employment Visas and Preferences Foreign workers may be eligible for a temporary visa or a green card. The most common visas and preference categories are:

HB-1 visas

These allow foreign nationals with the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree to work for U.S. employers for up to three years, with the possibility of a three-year extension. They are valid only while working for the employer who filed the HB-1 petition.

L-1 visa

These are available to employees who are being transferred to a U.S. location of an international company or to a U.S. affiliate or subsidiary. Intracompany transferees are executives, managers or employees with specialized knowledge of the company’s operations.

Business-based immigration

Applicants for permanent residence can qualify for a preference category based on their intended employment. EB-1 immigrants are workers with extraordinary abilities, outstanding professors and researchers or multinational executives and managers. EB-2 immigrants are foreign workers who will fill vacancies with U.S. companies. EB-3 immigrants include professionals as well as skilled and unskilled workers with certain minimum experience.

I help individuals and companies determine which type of visa or immigration preference is right for their situations and assist them throughout the application process.


Contact a dedicated Columbus immigration law firm At Flecha Law in Columbus, Ohio, we develop comprehensive immigration strategies for maintaining an individual’s current legal status while pursuing their long-term goals. For assistance, please call (614) 379-3003 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.